Home » 2012 » April » 09

Archive for April 9th, 2012

George Zimmerman, the Florida man who claims he shot and killed Trayvon Martin in self-defense, has set up a personal website to generate monies for his legal expenses and living expenses.  His attorney has confirmed this website to be true and in fact his.  He wrote a statement saying that he had no knowledge of the other sites that are collecting monies on his behalf, but does confirm that this site and Paypal account are indeed his.  He also gives indication that he is no longer working, but that could just mean a leave of absence.  He was also expelled from the college he attended.  Things like this happen when you walk around stalking and then murdering someone’s child.

This is the first indication that he does in fact know or feels that he will be arrested.  IMO The full statement form his site reads:

I am the real George Zimmerman,
    On Sunday February 26th, I was involved in a life altering event which led me to become the subject of intense media coverage. As a result of the incident and subsequent media coverage, I have been forced to leave my home, my school, my employer, my family and ultimately, my entire life. This website’s sole purpose is to ensure my supporters they are receiving my full attention without any intermediaries.

It has come to my attention that some persons and/or entities have been collecting funds, thinly veiled as my “Defense Fund” or “Legal Fund”. I cannot attest to the validity of these other websites as I have not received any funds collected, intended to support my family and I through this trying, tragic time.

I have created a Paypal account solely linked on this website as I would like to provide an avenue to thank my supporters personally and ensure that any funds provided are used only for living expenses and legal defense, in lieu of my forced inability to maintain employment. I will also personally, maintain accountability of all funds received. I reassure you, every donation is appreciated.

Sincerely,
George Zimmerman

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing. – Edmund Burke.
www.therealgeorgezimmerman.com
20 Comments so far. Join the Conversation

Ex NBA baller Mark Blount‘s children’s mother wants him thrown in jail for being late for one child support payment.  Yep, Mark is behind $2,619 for child support of his two boys.  I think I’m more perplexed that she named both of her son’s Mark.  Now that’s just wrong; as well as dumb.

It’s pretty strange … considering most pro athlete child support actions are over tens of thousands of dollars in unpaid support, but Blount’s ex says he merely owes $2,619.

The ex — a woman named Sifika Mayfield — filed a motion for contempt and enforcement, claiming Blount dropped the ball on a recent child support payment for their two sons, Mark and Mark (no joke).

According to Mayfield, Mark is supposed to pay $5,119 a month — but in January, he only paid $2,500. Now, Mayfield wants a judge to throw Blount in jail and revoke his driver’s license.

Mark filed his own docs soon after, claiming the reason he paid less is because one of his sons now lives with him … and Blount personally pays for his schooling. Mark now wants the support order modified given the new living arrangements.

A judge has yet to rule.

5 Comments so far. Join the Conversation

Special prosecutor Angela Corey has said she doesn’t need a Grand Jury to help her decide on whether or not Zimmerman should be tried for killing Tryavon Martin.  Ms. Corey, is  known forher iron first when it comes to juvenile.  As head prosecutor for the state’s largest city, Ms. Corey, 57, doubled the number of juveniles who were charged as adults for their crimes.

The grand jury had been set to convene Tuesday to begin deciding Zimmerman’s fate. Corey gave no indication as to how long her investigation would take.  “At this time, the investigation continues and there will be no further comment from this office,” Ms. Corey said.  What’s you take on this part of the decision to prosecute George Zimmerman?

The special prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case will not call a grand jury and will accept lone responsibility for deciding whether the teen’s killer, George Zimmerman, is charged in the shooting.

State Attorney Angela Corey, who was appointed by Florida Gov Rick Scott, said in a statement Monday that she did not need the grand jury to determine whether Zimmerman committed a crime during the February 26, incident.

Corey said she simply does not need the grand jury, which has the power to force witnesses to testify.

Tens of thousands of people have rallied across the country to demand Zimmerman be prosecuted. He claimed he killed the 17-year-old in self defense and has never been arrested.

She said her choice not to convene a grand jury has nothing to do with the outcome of her investigation.

‘The decision should not be considered a factor in the final determination of the case,’ Corey said.

In Florida, prosecutors usually decide for themselves whether to filed charges against suspects. However, they often defer to grand juries, a panel a citizens, to determine how to proceed in especially complex or controversial cases.

Angela Corey, who holds George Zimmerman’s fate in her hands, is no stranger to controversy.

As head prosecutor for the state’s largest city, Corey, 57, doubled the number of juveniles who were charged as adults for their crimes.

She has consistently been under fire in the emotionally-charged prosecution of 12-year-old Cristian Fernandez.

In 2011, she decided to charge the boy as an adult in the killing of his two-year-old brother.

Corey said the juvenile system was not adequate to handle the case and said she didn’t plan to seek a life sentence.

The case is still ongoing and Cristian is awaiting trial.

Since she was assigned to the Trayvon Martin case March 22, she said she likely would not use a grand jury.

The previous prosecutor, Seminole County State Attorney Norm Wolfinger, had called for the grand jury before he stepped aside.

In an interview with the Miami Herald last month, Corey said: ‘I always lean towards moving forward without needing the grand jury in a case like this.

‘I foresee us being able to make a decision, and move on it on our own.’

Zimmerman, 28, was serving as a neighborhood watch volunteer at a gated community in Sanford, Florida, when he spotted Trayvon walking back to the home of his father’s girlfriend.

He called 911 to report that the teen, who is black, looked suspicious and got out of his car to follow him through the streets.

Zimmerman says Trayvon approached him then sucker-punched him in the face, knocking him to the ground.

Zimmerman told police he only shot the unarmed teen after Trayvon climbed on top of him and began bashing his head into the sidewalk.

Under Florida’s ‘Stand Your Ground’ law, Zimmerman was questioned but not arrested because he claimed that he was afraid Trayvon would kill or severely injure him.

The grand jury had been set to convene Tuesday to begin deciding Zimmerman’s fate. Corey gave no indication as to how long her investigation would take.

‘At this time, the investigation continues and there will be no further comment from this office,’ Corey said.

Zimmerman remains in hiding after receiving death threats, according to family members.

 

25 Comments so far. Join the Conversation

New Jersey residence have gotten themselves worked up about the security bill for Whitney Houston’s funeral.  Of course the actual funeral was paid for by Whitney’s family, but keeping the calm was the cities responsibility.  Do you think think the family should have paid the bill?

The city of Newark has incurred $187,000 in costs for police overtime surrounding Whitney Houston’s homegoing funeral. CBS reports that some taxpayers are not too pleased with having to pay the added costs for Newark police security that maintained public safety and barriers between fans and the proceedings. Nearly 200 police officers were stationed at the New Baptist Church, which housed the funeral itself, blocks surrounding the church and the Newark Club afterwards, where the family gathered.

CBS interviewed local residents and some felt Houston’s family should have paid for the costs. Quincy Ruffian said, “If they [the family] wanted it to go that far, do that much, they should have been the ones providing for it.” Others were more angered by the fact that the taxpayer-supported ceremony was not open to the public and rather, relegated to stars like Tyler Perry, Alicia Keys and R.Kelly and even Newark mayor Cory Booker.

Whitney Houston’s high-profile funeral service, took place on February 18 at her childhood church and was both nationally-televised and live-streamed. The superstar died on February 11 at the age of 48. Her full autopsy was released this week, which showed cause of death as accidental drowning and she had “possibly overdosed on a narcotic substance, prescription medications, over the counter medications and alcohol,” per the Beverly Hills Police Department.

25 Comments so far. Join the Conversation

Mich. Construction Sign Displays Racial Slur Against Trayvon Martin

Posted April 9, 2012 12:00 PM By Deirdre B Pride

I hope Trayvon’s parents sued the crap out of them.  This situation is getting way out of control.

Motorists in Dearborn report seeing a racial slur on a construction sign along I-94 overnight.The digital roadside sign displayed the message: “Trayvon A N***er”, a reference to Trayvon Martin, the Florida teen who police say was gunned down by a neighborhood watch volunteer in February.

“The portable sign has a panel that was broken in to,” said MDOT spokesman Rob Morosi. “The message was changed and the keyboard was actually stolen.”

FOX 2′s Amy Andrews reports the message was displayed for over an hour until workers were able to power down the sign.

Michigan State Police are investigating. Anyone with information is asked to give them a call.

1 Comment. Join the Conversation

Queen Latifah will be launching yet another TV show.  This time it will be an Idol type show on the CW.   This girl is certainly in mogul overdrive.

The CW is launching a new reality TV singing competition called “The Star Next Door”, for now. The shows title is tentative and may change before the show is broadcast.

Queen Latifah is creating a new ‘Idol’ type show for the CW. “The Star Next Door” will have Gloria Estefan and John Rich as part of the show as well. Rumor has it that they will serve as mentors to the up and coming singers.

Queen Latifah and her new show have begun a nationwide search for the best undiscovered singers in the country. Are you an undiscovered vocal talent that is right on the brink of stardom? If so, this may be the show that will get you over the hurdle of getting noticed and discovered. The show will be holding tryouts in major cities nationwide including Los Angeles, New York, Chicago and Orlando.

Unlike other reality singing competitions like ‘America’s Got Talent’, ‘X Factor’, ‘The Voice’ and ‘American Idol’, ‘The Star Next Door’ will put more emphasis on the singers home towns. Where most singing competitions on TV cast nationwide then bring their talent into Los Angeles, This show will do the opposite. The show and the shows stars will actually travel to the singers homes to learn more about the vocalists, their home towns or cities and their surroundings, while at the same time work with the singers in order to prepare them for performance. The Star Next Door has brought 2 mentors on board with Gloria Estafan and John Rich. The show plans on bringing 2 more mentors into the fold that will travel to the singers homes. The mentors, Queen Latifah, Gloria Estefan and John Rich will prepare the singers to represent their home towns when they compete on a national stage.

Do you think you are one of these undiscovered singers who needs some help getting to the top? Looking for your big break? This may be that break you were looking for. Open casting call dates and locations have not yet been announced, but the show’s producers are accepting applications from singers through email.

To apply to be on the show or to request more application or casting call information, please send links to you performing (live and/or in studio) and your name, age, contact info, the city and state to: [email protected] Let producers know why you are such a great undiscovered talent and why you need this big break so much.

6 Comments so far. Join the Conversation

This is turning into a huge train wreck and I hope he can recover from this mess.  I mean will another team want to sign him after he failed to recover for the Mavericks?

 

Lamar Odom’s brief and bumpy ride with the Dallas Mavericks has come to an abrupt end.

The Mavericks and Odom spent Easter Sunday working out a parting, according to sources close to the situation, that frees the struggling Odom to leave the team immediately without actually being released.

“The Mavericks and I have mutually agreed that it’s in the best interest of both parties for me to step away from the team,” Odom said in a statement to ESPN.com.

 

 I’m sorry that things didn’t work out better for both of us, but I wish the Mavs’ organization, my teammates and Dallas fans nothing but continued success in the defense of their championship.

– Lamar Odom

“I’m sorry that things didn’t work out better for both of us, but I wish the Mavs’ organization, my teammates and Dallas fans nothing but continued success in the defense of their championship.”

Sources said Monday that Odom’s departure will be immediate and that the Mavericks intend to simply list him as inactive for the rest of the season instead of outright releasing him, leaving open the possibility that they could still trade him after the season in conjunction with the draft. Any team that has Odom on its roster as of June 29 must buy him out by that date for $2.4 million or otherwise accept responsibility for the full $8.2 million that Odom is scheduled to earn in 2012-13.

Even if either side had pushed for a formal release, there is little upside to taking that step now with Odom ineligible to play in the playoffs with another team because he wasn’t waived before the March 23 deadline. One source close to the 32-year-old told ESPN.com that the decision sets Odom up to “clear his head and start getting ready for next season” after his career-low numbers and minutes continued to dip as the season wore on.

Odom will not be at practice Monday, sources said, after he was given just four first-quarter minutes of playing time Saturday night in Memphis, accounting for the low point of a consistently rocky season in Dallas following his trade in December from the Los Angeles Lakers.

Odom’s representatives pushed for the trade to Dallas after it became known that the Lakers had agreed to trade Odom to the league-owned New Orleans Hornets as part of a Chris Paul blockbuster that was ultimately vetoed by NBA commissioner David Stern in his role as the Hornets’ lead decision-maker.

Throughout Odom’s season-long struggles to adapt to his new surroundings, Mavs officials and players have repeatedly expressed confidence that the former Laker could still be a playoff X-factor, pointing to the team’s 0-7 record without him as evidence that his presence — if only for the minute relief Odom gives star forward Dirk Nowitzki — has helped the team on some level.

But exasperation with Odom’s languid play reached an apparent breaking point in Memphis. Both coach Rick Carlisle and Nowitzki refused to discuss the Odom situation after Dallas’ 94-89 defeat to the Grizzlies.

“No Lamar questions tonight,” Carlisle told reporters.

Lamar Odom on ESPNDallas.com

The reality show that is Lamar Odom has ended in Dallas-Fort Worth.
Odom Gallery Photo Gallery   Latest »  Blog »

Nowitzki, meanwhile, fielded questions for four minutes about his own struggles in the Memphis defeat — including two late turnovers — but ended the interview when asked about Odom.

“I’m done talking about that,” Nowitzki said.

Associates of the veteran forward, meanwhile, have long maintained privately that his lack of a clear-cut role with the Mavericks — where minutes behind Nowitzki are limited — complicated the transition. Lakers star Kobe Bryant said as much after a game in Dallas recently, describing himself as “pleasantly surprised” that the Odom deal wasn’t coming back to haunt his team.

“It’s tough,” Bryant said. “He comes to a team that’s pretty much set, you know what I mean? So it’s hard for him to find his niche. The fans, they don’t really understand what he does or how he can do it, you know what I mean?

“I hope they don’t unlock that mystery. I know. I know how to use him and to use his skill set and this, that and the other. But with this team, the roster that they had being pretty much set, it’s tough for him to be able to find his groove here.”

After declining to offer defensive anchor Tyson Chandler more than a one-year deal in the offseason to preserve future salary-cap flexibility, even after Chandler’s pivotal role in the Mavericks’ championship breakthrough last season, Dallas used the resulting trade exception created by Chandler’s sign-and-trade move to the New York Knicks to bring Odom in with the idea that the parties could help each other greatly on a one-season basis.

Dallas was initially seen as an ideal destination for Odom to start over after the jolt of being discarded by the Lakers, but he began the season well short of peak condition after a tumultuous summer on a personal level and never quite caught up.

Left reeling by the July murder of his 24-year-old cousin and a fatal car accident days later that killed a teen pedestrian after the car he was riding in as a passenger collided with a motorcycle, Odom did almost no basketball training during the five-month lockout. The contrast in preparation to his final season with the Lakers was stark; Odom won NBA Sixth Man Award honors in 2010-11 after spending the bulk of the summer of 2010 with Team USA, often playing as a center for a squad that won the FIBA World Championships in Turkey.

Odom leaves the Mavericks averaging just 6.6 points and 4.1 rebounds in 20.5 minutes per game while shooting 35.2 percent from the field and 25.2 percent on 3-pointers, all career lows by some distance.

Unlike a leave Odom was granted just before the All-Star break, there are no plans to bring him back to the team this time, sources said.

23 Comments so far. Join the Conversation