I had my qualms with Arby’s before and this story totally seals the deal for me. Not even their Market Fresh sandwiches can bring me back.
A 14-year-old boy found a finger in his roast beef sandwich.
Ryan Hart, a 14-year-old boy from Michigan, had a rude surprise when he bit into his Arby’s roast beef sandwich. “I was like, ‘that’s got to be a finger,’” he told the Jackson Citizen Patriot. “It was just nasty.”
Reportedly, a restaurant employee cut off her finger with a meat slicer while preparing the meal. She left her station to deal with the emergency, and other employees, who were unaware of the injury, continued to complete the order.
“Somebody loses a finger and you keep sending food out the window,” said the teen’s mom, Jamie Vail. “I can’t believe that.” She added that following the gruesome discovery, her son was “traumatized,” couldn’t eat or sleep, and had been prescribed medication Fox News reports.
John Gray, Arby’s vice president of corporate communications, provided Yahoo! Shine with a statement saying, “Arby’s wants to reassure customers that we are committed to providing quality food in a safe and healthy environment. We are deeply concerned and apologetic to the guest involved in this unfortunate incident….An isolated and unfortunate accident occurred in a franchisee’s Jackson, Michigan restaurant in which an employee was injured. Upon learning of the incident, the franchisee’s restaurant team shut down food production and thoroughly cleaned and sanitized the restaurant. The franchisee fully cooperated with the Health Department during the investigation, and the restaurant was given the approval to remain open.”
This is not the first time human remains have been found in a fast food meal, but this case might be the most extreme.
- A Dayton Ohio man sued Arby’s in 2005 for reportedly serving him a chicken sandwich topped with a piece of human skin.
- In a famous 2005 hoax, a Las Vegas woman found a human finger in Wendy’s chili but police later discovered she had cooked her husband’s colleague’s finger (which he had lost in a work accident) and slipped it into the bowl herself.
- An Albany-area man allegedly found a bloody bandage in the crust of his Pizza Hut pie in 2011.
- Also in 2011, Texan woman found blood on her French fries while eating at a Houston-area Crackle Barrel.
Do you think the health and safety standards are high enough at fast food restaurants? Please let us know in the comments below.
- None Found