Verdict Reached: Mandeecees Harris ACQUITTED
Jurors in Hackensack this afternoon acquitted VH1 “Love & Hip Hop” star Mendeecees Harris of sexually assaulting a teenager by coercing her with money and other manipulation in his Lodi home when she was 15.
Fellow “Love & Hip Hop” star Yandy Smith was among those in the courtroom who leapt to their feet and stomped, clapped, shouted and sobbed, raising arms skyward, as the verdicts to the eight individual charges were read just before 4 p.m.
“I love you!” one of them shouted to the jurors, who returned the verdicts after a few hours of deliberations.
Sheriff’s officers then asked them to return to order.
When they wouldn’t, Presiding Superior Court Judge Liliana DeAvila-Silebbi ordered them to leave.
“The reality of celebrity life is, unfortunately, you sometimes walk around with a target on your back,” defense attorney Emil Lisboa told CLIFFVIEW PILOT. “You don’t know if your friends are your friends or are just trying to get something out of you.”
Assistant Bergen County Prosecutor Demetra Maurice, in turn, said: “I respect the jury’s decision and the time and attention they gave this case.” READ MORE….
- Whisper Control: Janet Jackson NOT Leaving Entertainment & Music + She a Billionarie!!!
- Techie Whispers: Jennifer Lopez to Open Chain of Mobile Phone Stores
- Sports Whispers: 2012-13 All NBA Teams Named
- Sports Whipsers: Jets QB Geno Smith Signs with Roc Nation Sports
- New Video Whispers: T.I. ft Cee Lo Green – “Hello”
- New Music: Ciara ft. Nicki Minaj – “I’m Out”
- New Gig Whispers: Russell Simmons Inks Plush Deal with HBO
- Local Eateries Give Charles Ramsey Free Burgers for Life + “Ramsey Burger” Named
- Legal Whispers: Sugar Hill Records Founders sentenced in Tax Evasion Case
- Flashback Friday: Guy – “Lets Chill” + “Fantasy” + “Groove Me” + “Piece of My Love” (Live 2012) + “I Like”
12 total views, 12 views today